Monday, May 10, 2010

Crazy Wind


 Wind is by far and away my least favorite element.  It just disturbs me.  Saturday was my window of time to get garden work done, and of course, we had 30-40 mile per hour winds, which are still gusting today (Sunday).  I did spend a good amount of time in the greenhouse, but finally sucked it up and faced the out of doors.  My mantra was 'embrace it'.  It was the only way to get those onions planted, those beds composted, that thistle pulled.  So I went out and embraced it.  I can't say that I like the wind any better, but I did get a lot done and I am glad of that. I certainly can't wait until the next calm day (or moreover, the next rainy day), when the plants are not wind whipped and the soil stripped of moisture.  When the sides of the greenhouse are not ripping away from the security of their metal posts and the row covers are not flapping like sails on the ocean.  Ahhhhh.... wind....

No comments:

Post a Comment